Sunday, June 19, 2011

#239 - Dinosaur

It was a normal morning like any other in that rather dysfunctional group of ours. I’d say the sun was shining and other heartwarming and pretty lies, but truth is, it was as cold as hell would be if it had indeed frozen over---which, after today, I think it just might have---and snow was blowing around the icy tower as though it was mad at the world. The sky was clouded and grayish, with dark clouds in the distance telling us that we were far from seeing the Sun anytime soon…

I woke up at dawn like always, even though the Sun wouldn’t be greeting me. Not that it ever did in the snowy winter hell that was Jotunheim. I held back my usual urge to yell and wake up everyone, as I didn’t particularly feel like being torn to shreds by a PMS-ing Jenova, and climbed up the endless sets of winding stairs all the way to the aviary, which was around the second to last floor or so. Don’t ask me why there’s an aviary there, it’s not like any of them could fly out in this weather to deliver any letters or something. Not that I’m complaining, they make for rather good company, at least better than most of my humanoid companions, especially a certain scaly one. Yes, I’m talking about you, Mentalis.

I was feeding the birds, swiping some birdseed for myself every now and then, when I heard it. A loud, ear-piercing roar coming from downstairs… knowing my brother, probably from his lab.

Shit, Daemys, what ancient, powerful and life-hating force have you unleashed on all of us now?

The whole tower trembles as whatever roared decides that it hasn’t woken up everyone yet and must do its job properly.

I go downstairs, very intent on blowing someone’s brains out for this mess, and find myself staring at what was left of a wall. There’s an enormous hole in it, created by some mysterious force that I now suspect didn’t quite like being confined in tiny spaces. Moments later, said brother pops his head out of his lab, face ebony apparently from something having blown up. I raise an eyebrow.

“Oops,” is all he says.

Suddenly I notice a much larger, scaly head staring at me from the other side of the destroyed wall. It has tiny, squinting, evil eyes that sparkle hungrily and very large claws and teeth. My jaw hangs wide open.

There’s  fucking T-rex in the tower!

Oops indeed.


Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment